Know more about fiberglass insulation
Overview- Individual glass fibers when combined in variety of new forms then a product known as fiberglass is formed. It can be classified in two major categories basically on the purpose they are used for. Continuous fibers are used for yarns and textile industry and discontinuous fiber or short fibers are used in insulation and filtration process as batts, blankets or boards.
Fiberglass is used for absorbing sound and providing thermal insulation.
Let’s discuss in brief a few aspects of fiberglass:
Benefits of fiberglass insulation:
- Fiberglass insulation is energy efficient and has high thermal performance. It achieves this by retaining the required temperature of the inside area, whether heated or cooled.
- It is highly cost effective as it thermal performance reduces utility costs of owners; this in turn conserves resources that are non-renewable, and provides great occupant comfort.
- Fiberglass insulation neither holds nor absorbs moisture when in contact with it. A thorough dry out is required after installation by the checkers to maintain its R value.
- As it is made with sand and recycled glass thus is noncombustible naturally throughout its life. But sometimes requires additional fire-retardant chemical treatments.
- Having high sound absorbent capability it reduces sound transmission through walls in buildings, roofs, HVAC etc.
- Has significant recycled content, with some batt, roll and loose-fill insulation products containing up to 80 percent recycled glass. In between 1992 and 2000 the fiberglass insulation industry recycled almost eight billion pounds of consumed glass. Thus naturally helps in renewing resources.
Applications of fiberglass insulation:
- Fiberglass pipe insulation: Heavy duty fiberglass specifically can be molded for piping applications. Such pipes are used in industries to move chemicals, hot fluids etc. Temperature ranges vary between 0° to 1000°F in capability, but is very fluctuating and broad.
- Insulation blankets: Are used to cover flanges, heat exchangers, pumps, turbines, and any other irregular surface within the industrial environment, often found in boiler and stack installations and within industrial HVAC systems. Like insulative piping, blankets can also be made with or without FSK or ASJ jackets and can insulate temperatures to around 1000°F, depending on composition.
- Tank wraps: Fiberglass insulation (and other mineral fleeces) is perfect for wrapping around extensive mechanical tanks. Intended to keep tanks cool and additionally hot, glass fiber wraps are fit for keeping up temperatures extending from around – 60 to 650°F. They are especially helpful for protecting hard-to-cover bended surfaces. These wraps are generally semi-unbending, comprising of numerous fiberglass boards with a connective film made of glass fiber fleece or other insulative material.
Why Bin Dasmal General trading?
The Company always considers customers requirement as top priority and provides best quality products from leading international brands. Bin Dasmal General Trading is one of the best fiberglass insulation suppliers in UAE and leading a market from past 40 years with high quality products and reliable delivery services.Tags: fiberglass insulation suppliers in UAE
Categorised in: Fiberglass Insulation Supplier
This post was written by Bin Dasmal General Trading